Communication Manager, Services - [Archived Advertisement]
Communication Manager, Services
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join team CSIRO and make the Impossible possible!
- Create impact via your stakeholder and communications engagement
- Supportive, flexible hybrid work environment
We are seeking a driven, energetic, and strategic senior marketing and communication professional to join our Corporate Affairs team. You’ll be delivering initiatives that support CSIRO’s business to business development, customer engagement and brand awareness activities. You will be working as part of the Brand and Marketing team who work closely with CSIRO’s Services team, leveraging their knowledge to implement integrated solutions to drive awareness, engagement, and advocacy. This role will work with a number of the businesses within Services including CSIRO Futures, SME Connect and Infrastructure Technologies. You’ll join a team of communication managers also working in this business unit, but you will have autonomy to focus on your own key areas as well as opportunities to collaborate and learn from these communications colleagues.
As a key member of the Brand and Marketing leadership team, within Corporate Affairs, you will be experienced, hands-on and pragmatic, with demonstrated success in devising, implementing, and evaluating high-impact content, campaigns, events and strategies.
If you’re ready to lead by example and take ownership to drive our strategic communication activity, this may be the role you have been waiting for. Why delay, apply now!
Your duties will include:
- Rapidly build and manage constructive relationships and work as a strategic and trusted partner to develop and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Develop marketing and communication strategies to support the strategic priorities of CSIRO’s Services team. Translate these strategies into working plans to deliver top content and more.
- Create, execute and measure marketing-communication activities that support CSIRO's customer communication, engagement and lead generation strategies.
- Deliver campaigns and events that raise CSIRO's profile in local markets, to drive awareness and engagement with industry and government audiences.
- Create engaging and relevant content– content for use in digital or media to illustrate CSIRO collaboration, science and impact.
Location: Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra
Salary: AU$105,806 - AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months, Full-time
To be considered you will need:
- Five years + experience with a relevant tertiary qualification and/or significant work experience in marketing communications.
- Evidence of successfully developing and implementing strategies to reach business audiences.
- Proven skills in building strong partnerships with stakeholders to develop organisational and cross-functional marketing initiatives that translate into business opportunities.
- Strong writing skills, especially relating to the development of business-to-business marketing collateral and campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of digital marketing principles.
- Ability to work autonomously and adapt to changing circumstances to achieve team objective
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
22 March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 22 Mar 2023
- AU$105,806 - AU$114,500 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation