Senior HR Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Senior HR Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Two Opportunities to lead and support in a newly created team.
- Maximise positive outcomes for individuals and the organisation in alignment with CSIRO’s values and strategy.
- Join CSIRO - a purpose-led organisation creating tomorrow today!
CSIRO has two opportunities for a Senior Human Resources Advisor to join a newly formed team within People Advisory. People Advisory contribute to an enabling Service Delivery Portfolio for high quality and consistent advice in managing people-related issues across the Employee Lifecycle. The People Advisory team offers centralised support to maximise positive outcomes for individuals and the organisation in alignment with CSIRO’s values and strategy.
Reporting to the Manager, People Advisory, the role of Senior Human Resources Advisor at CSIRO will provide critical leadership across the People Advisory team. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for leading, supporting, and directing a team of Human Resources Advisors and Human Resources Officers to advise and support employees and managers on operational People matters across the employee lifecycle to drive positive outcomes for CSIRO. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of service-level metrics and performance standards across People Advisory to measure organisational impact.
CSIRO have two (2) opportunities to lead two focuses within the People Advisory team, these are (1) Special Assignments and (2) Operations, briefly detailed below:
- Team Lead - Special Assignments - Working closely with our Strategic HR Partners this role will support business units undertaking projects across People initiatives.
- Team Lead - Operations - In this role the Senior Human Resources Advisor will work in close partnership with the Manager of People Advisory to support the delivery of people services across the employee lifecycle such as rewards and promotions, relocations, redeployment and redundancy programs. Team Leads may rotate across teams within People Advisory as required.
Your duties will include:
- Provide high quality and consistent subject matter expertise and coaching to CSIRO people in managing people related issues across the entire employee lifecycle, enabled by new technology and a knowledge centre.
- Manage and direct a small team of Human Resources Advisors and Officers within a fast paced and collaborative environment, taking responsibility for the performance management and development of the team so that high quality standards are maintained.
- Lead and work in in a values-aligned manner, modelling desired culture, to achieve a cohesive, collaborative team.
- Take accountability in responding to concerns regarding the quality of services provided and ensure any lessons learned are adopted into future business practices.
- Contribute to the development of service-level metrics and performance standards across the People Advisory team to measure organisational impacts. Actively monitor service requests against these metrics to ensure resources can be managed to optimise workloads and capacity.
- Ensure insights from the People Advisory team are shared with other stakeholders as required and consult with Strategic Partners/SME regularly to be aware of emerging needs/issues.
- Readily adapt to changing requirements and new responsibilities in the interests of achieving team objectives.
For the extensive list of Duties please review the Position Description.
Location: Brisbane or Melbourne
Salary: AU$105k - AU$114k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Human Resource Management, Business Management, or other relevant discipline.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in a providing generalist HR advice across the employment lifecycle that is consistent, accurate and considered.
- Demonstrated ability to advise staff and people managers on a range of complex matters to empower them to act independently, providing specialist support and escalating matters if required.
- A highly developed understanding of customer service and the ability to manage concerns regarding service provision in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated history of allocating activities, directing tasks, and managing resources to drive a small and highly engaged team to meet organisational objectives and deliver on commitments.
- Evidence of collaborative and agile working that adapts to changing requirements.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate a position in a coherent and succinct manner.
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, able to prioritise competing demands, and a clear understanding of risk and when to escalate issues to achieve positive outcomes.
- A history of anticipating and managing problems in ambiguous situations.
- An ability to adapt to new technological platforms and assist others to adopt and efficiently use them.
- A track record of identifying, designing, and deploying process improvements across the employee lifecycle.
- A motivated and resilient team player with the drive to support the overall People function.
- Demonstrated evidence of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
26 March 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 26 Mar 2023
- AU$105k - AU$114k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Coaching and Mentoring
Consulting & Generalist
People and Culture