Human Resources Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Human Resources Officer
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Provide high quality people related advice
- Expand your HR experience supporting an array of projects
- Maximise positive outcomes for individuals & CSIRO!
If you are a Human Resources (HR) professional seeking an opportunity that is varied and has oversight of the complete employee lifecycle this may be the perfect role for you!
As a HR Officer, you will be responsible for advising and supporting employees and managers on operational People matters to drive positive outcomes for the organisation, CSIRO. This is a stimulating role that involves you offering on-demand support for a range of matters to people across diverse business groups.
You will be involved in interesting tasks and projects supporting the delivery of People initiatives and and focused on enhancing and transforming the effectiveness of our service delivery.
You will be joining a great People Team and supporting an organisation that has extraordinary individuals who do meaningful work. CSIRO values underpin the work, how It’s done, and how people interact with colleagues and the diverse range of partners. If this is a role and organisation that aligns with your experience and ideals, we will look forward to reviewing your application.
Your duties will include:
- Providing high quality people advice across abroad range of key projects.
- Supporting the delivery of ad hoc People initiatives and planned cyclical services for the whole of CSIRO, including rewards and promotions, business unit changes, relocations and surveys. Responding to, triaging and using initiative to resolve complex queries.
- Maintaining records and ensuring that matters are resolved or referred for resolution.
- Proactively responding to feedback and concerns regarding quality of services and escalating complaints if necessary.
- Supporting communications with our staff regarding People services, policies, processes, and programmes.
Location: CSIRO Sites in Brisbane and Melbourne preferred. (Hybrid Working Environment)
Salary: AU$68,148 - $86,733 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Human Resource Management, Business Management, or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and coach clients to resolve complex issues, providing specialist support and escalating matters if required.
- Evidence of collaborative and agile working that adapts to changing requirements.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all customers and follow up with customers when required clearly and effectively.
- High organisational skills and attention to detail, able to prioritise competing demands, and clear understanding of risk and when to escalate issues to achieve positive outcomes.
- A motivated and resilient team player with the drive to support the overall People function.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or you must either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa for the duration of the specified term. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
10 April 2023, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 10 Apr 2023
- AU $68,148 - $86,733 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Coaching and Mentoring
Recruitment - Internal
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition