HR Services and Support - Team Leaders
HR Services and Support - Team Leaders
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Are you a passionate and experienced HR professional looking for their next challenge?
- Can you lead and mentor a small team to deliver HR-related support?
- Contribute your HR knowledge in these customer-focused roles at CSIRO!
The People Team at CSIRO play an important role in creating an environment that enables our people to do the best science of their lives. Our recent People Transformation is a program of work that was designed to reimagine the way that the People Team delivers support to CSIRO’s people and leaders.
People Central is the first point of contact for CSIRO general HR enquires and manages the administrative aspects of the employee lifecycle. Leading the delivery of integrated, simplified and customer centric processes and systems, the People Central team is expanding. To help us innovate and maximise operational efficiency, we have several exciting opportunities available for HR and Payroll professionals to play lead roles in delivering CSIRO’s People/HR function.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering outstanding results for our customers across HR/Payroll solutions and services. You will lead, grow, and develop a team as we continue to innovate and refine our services and experience.
Across these roles, you’ll apply your broad knowledge of HR/Payroll to resolve customer queries, as well as innovate and seek new ways to deliver HR-related services, leveraging technology, analytics and future-focused ways of working.?
The opportunities that we are offering:
We are currently recruiting multiple indefinite positions at our Black Mountain site (ACT), with flexible working arrangements available.
For more information about the opportunities, please review the position descriptions:
People Administration Lead and People Customer Experience Lead.
Overview of who we are looking for:
Ideally you will have…
- Experience leading in an HR/People/Payroll customer service delivery environment, with a focus on providing high quality customer experiences and commitment to continuous improvement.?
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant HR/People frameworks, legislation, acts, policies/procedures, systems, and tools.?
- Superior attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on accuracy.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to support technology platforms including HRMIS and Service Delivery software (preferably SAP/SuccessFactors) to deliver creative customer-focussed digital
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading a small team of HR/administration officers to deliver HR services including managing frontline People-related enquiries or managing accurate employment documentation for all CSIRO staff.
- Investing in the development of team members, including training, motivating, and coaching for improved individual and team outcomes
- Analyse and interrogate data and business processes, while leveraging technology to continuously improve business processes and service delivery.
- Developing team objectives for short term tasks and driving achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
- Developing key performance indicators and measure of success for accuracy and timeliness.
- Other duties as directed.
Why join the People team at CSIRO?
There are many reasons why joining CSIRO’s People team is a fantastic place for you to build your HR career. These reasons include:
- Supporting CSIRO means you will be part of something special. You will be part of an organisation that’s research is positively impacting not only millions of Australians, but also billions of people globally. This is your opportunity to be part of something great!
- Our People team is both high performing and highly experienced. Joining the team, you will be working side-by-side and learning from them daily.
- There are career opportunities within our People team so you will be able to build a career here, not “just a job”.
- We know how much you value your work/life balance, so we offer a flexible working environment with work from home equipment packages available to team members.
Applications for these positions are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
2nd October 2023, 11:00pm AEST.
- Closing Date:
- 02 Oct 2023
- ACT - Black Mountain
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Consulting & Generalist
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture