Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs. View our Child Safe Policy.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science Agency!
- Truly supportive work environment
- Flexible work arrangements
CSIRO's Information and Technology (IMT) business unit is embarking on an ambitious program of work designed to support the 2024 Organisational Strategy. Fundamental to the program is the aspiration that staff have seamless, secure access to tools, systems and processes that underpin the delivery of world class science.
IMT supports the entire CSIRO environment and has an extensive portfolio of responsibility that covers the traditional enterprise ICT environment and, specialised high-performance computing and digital science programs designed to support Australia’s premier research organisation.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide high-level administration and secretarial support to the (CIO) - IMT and other senior stakeholders. The EA will work to support the work of the CIO IMT and IMT Executive leadership team and will proactively work to ensure effective systems of work are established within the IMT teams, working closely with the Executive Officer and two recently appointed Program Support Officers. It is expected that the EA prioritises commitments, follows through on issues to successful resolution, coordinates timely responses to requests, collects and analyses information, and facilitates the effective operation of the Group. This role is responsible for working across a range of stakeholders internal, external, domestic and international.
To be successful in this role you will need a high level of interest in ICT and demonstrate a high level of capability and knowledge across a range of ICT systems and platforms.
Your duties will include:
- Provide efficient and effective diary management, including arranging meetings and appointments on behalf of the CIO, and managing all domestic and overseas travel arrangements and schedules.
- Monitor and prioritise incoming email correspondence, inbox management – exercising judgement and initiative to request, coordinate, manage, and action as appropriate.
- Provide systematic and dependable follow up of issues and tasks and ensure they are handled in a timely fashion.
- Assist in meeting set-up and arrangements including schedules of events, minute taking and preparation of papers and presentations, as required.
- Draft straightforward responses to incoming correspondence.
- Establish and maintain electronic document management systems in accordance with CSIRO's record management standards with a high level of proficiency in SharePoint and TRIM document management platforms
- Develop and maintain functional networks and effective professional relationships with external stakeholders on behalf of IMT group.
Location: Australia capital cities
Salary: AU$89k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant certificate/diploma and/or equivalent relevant work experience providing high level administrative support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by extensive experience establishing and maintaining positive internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in providing executive assistance to an Executive or Senior Manager in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise demands, proactively resolve and/or escalate matters so they are managed in a timely manner.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated high level proficiency in Office365 including SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and in using HP records, SAP, Compass to manage workflow processes and on-line transactions.
- Ability to take initiative and find innovative solutions.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
- Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens only
- Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the BASELINE Level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
CSIRO is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people involved in our activities and programs, whether we are undertaking research, engaging with the public or nurturing future scientists in person or online. Source – CSIRO Child Safe policy 2023
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 1st of October, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 01 Oct 2023
- AU$89k - AU$101k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time