OHS Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Yarra Trams (View other jobs from this organisation)
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light
rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community.
As the operator of Yarra Trams, we bring our international expertise to Melbourne
to ensure we deliver safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To support this, Yarra Trams requires the services of an experienced OHS Coordinator to provide OHS support and advice to functional areas on the Yarra Trams Safety Management System.
- This is a great opportunity for an experienced OHS Coordinator to embed a set of OHS standards through engagement with Functional Areas.
- Providing OHS support and advice to functional areas as part of compliance to legislation, accreditation and ongoing safety culture improvements
- Implementing the schedule for Drug and Alcohol testing and ensuring all testing documentation is managed in accordance with the DAMP
- Reviewing and maintaining current documentation for asbestos within the hazardous materials library including the review of registers and assurance activities to the asbestos management plan
- Providing project support and carrying out assurance activities to meet requirements associated with the company’s Federal Safety Commission Accreditation
- Conducting and supporting company assurance activities including audits and inspections
- Attending Management Safety and Risk Review Committee Meetings and undertaking any actions assigned
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience in the application of relevant OHS Legislation and/or Rail Safety Legislation
- Sound understanding of relevant Operational Rules and Procedures, Codes of Practice, Policies and Practices
- Proven experience in conducting risk assessments, site inspections, task observations, corrective actions and audits
- Previous experience in system management for chemicals, asbestos, hazardous substance and dangerous goods would be advantageous, or a clear understanding of the legal requirements
- Strong Communication skills
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft software: Project, Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We really do want you to bring your whole self to work. There’s no such thing as
the perfect candidate, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the list below, please still get in touch.
We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Interested? Apply now!
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing