Competency Training Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Competency Training Officer
- Remuneration : commencing from $91,647 plus 15% superannuation
- On-going, full-time
- Canberra location
About our team
Icon Water's Resource & Capability team (R&C) is looking for a new team member to take on the role of Competency Training Officer. This role is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the competency framework management within Icon Water. This includes framework design and implementation and supporting business SMEs with content development. The role will administer the competency framework process and work with internal stakeholders to attain a consistent approach to competency management.
We are looking for someone who can work independently and yet is flexible enough to support team deliverables when require, enjoys working in a fast paced environment, is able to demonstrate leadership qualities and has strong written and verbal communication skills. We are a small dedicated team who support each other to achieve best for business outcomes.
The R&C team is part of the Infrastructure Planning & Logistics (IPL) branch and is responsible for competency framework management, business wide compliance training management and resource demand and capability processes and systems.
A successful candidate would have….
- Certificate IV in training and assessment or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in high level business administration
- Extensive experience in designing and developing competency based training materials including the design and development of e-learning material
- Experience in Microsoft Office and the use of training software packages
- Experience in liaising with and influencing internal and external stakeholders to achieve outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of the Water Industry Training Package
- Experience in the delivery of training material for internal training purposes (desirable)
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, implementation and administration of all competency frameworks. This includes maintaining accurate and current records, including the tracking of worker progress via the competency matrix and quarterly scans of National Training packages for updates/amendments.
- Supporting workplace assessors to fairly and accurately assess individual workers competency claims
- Manage the Secretariat function for all framework steering committees
- Support the design of interactive and engaging eLearning modules based on business needs
- Provide input into the development of the annual training budget
- Develop and implement a continuous improvement plan to ensure successful, consistent and efficient delivery of competency frameworks within the business.
See the Position Description for further role responsibilities.
About Icon Water
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years. We take pride in what we do and we do it well. We are a people focused organisation, acknowledging our people are our greatest asset. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion.
The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you our great employee benefits, along with hearing from team members about our flexible working arrangements.
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, log on to our recruitment portal and submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter tell us what skills and experience you have that positions you to be the best candidate for the role.
Applications close 28 March 2023
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Maria Alcock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407885664. If you need guidance with the application process, please email email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 28 Mar 2023
- ACT - Mitchell
- $91,647 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation
Learning & Development
Learning Management System (LMS )
People and Culture