We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Employee Relations Manager to join the Safety People & Culture portfolio, reporting to the Manager Employee Experience. The successful candidate will take the lead in providing employment, RTW, and injury management advice that enhances the employment relationship, ensures compliance and manages business risks.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Take the lead in the provision of accurate, fair and timely employment related advice and support to employees and leaders
- Build capability across the business in managing employment, injury management and RTW matters
- Monitor relevant legislative and regulatory change, and internal and external trends, to ensure a contemporary approach to employment matters
- Represent WaterNSW in negotiations and consultations with employees and unions
- Represent WaterNSW in matters at Fair Work and industrial tribunals, preparing related documents and briefing external parties where appropriate
- Coordinate, conduct and advise on investigations relating to professional conduct and performance
- Contribute to building an environment of trust and engagement
- Balance employee rights and concerns whilst being responsive to business needs and risks
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Tertiary qualifications aligned with HR/IR/ER or Employment Law
- Qualification in Investigations (Highly desirable)
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and contemporary best practice in employment matters
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Working knowledge of core P&C processes, procedures and systems
- Ability to build positive and effective professional relationships
- Investigation experience
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Make a positive contribution to an organisation with an important purpose
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- Varied flexible work options
- Work in a supportive and collaborative team environment
- Learning & development opportunities including study assistance
This role is based in Parramatta, however, an alternate NSW location may be considered. WaterNSW offers flexible work options including working from home and flexibility around hours of work. Some travel may be involved as well as the ability to attend the workplace in person where face-to-face collaboration may result in better outcomes.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
WaterNSW encourages diversity in the workplace. Please reach out to us if you have any accommodation requirements.
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, double vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 29 November 2022.