Senior Manager Media and Communications, Clerk Grade 11/12 - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Manager Media and Communications, Clerk Grade 11/12
Senior Manager Media and Communications Clerk Grade 11/12, Wollongong – Job Share
- An exciting 12-month temporary opportunity in a job share arrangement
- Work with a dynamic and flexible team that is passionate about media, communications and partnership strategies
- Work in a volunteer-based agency supporting communities of NSW
- Wollongong Location (across the road from the train station)
- Part time role of 2 days or 2.5 days per week
- TRP up to $181,612 which includes employer’s 11% super contribution and leave loading (salary range $139,787 - $161,663) – pro rata for part time hours.
About this part time opportunity
The NSW SES has a vacancy in the Senior Leadership Team, leading a dynamic and thriving team of media and communication professionals.
This opportunity is temporary part time to backfill a job share arrangement for 12 months at the NSW SES State Headquarters in Wollongong. Whilst this role is vacant two days per week (Mondays & Tuesdays), to support collaboration, networking and relationship building with the job share colleague, there is an option for an overlap of half a day each Wednesday. Candidates who are interested in either two days or two and a half days per week are encouraged to apply!
Due to the part time nature of this role and its requirements to be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and to manage a team, this role must be performed from the office. However, flexibility of working from home can be accommodated on occasion/when required to support caring and other responsibilities that can sometimes pop up.
This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work part time in a media and communications environment that also supports our operational activity during flood, storms and tsunamis.
The Senior Manager Media and Communications undertakes activities to support the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement and media strategies for the NSW SES. They lead a multi-disciplinary team in the ongoing management, development and implementation of the NSW SES brand identity, public relations, media, internal and external communications.
About the NSW SES
Our Mission: NSW SES saving lives and creating safer communities.
Our Vision: A trusted volunteer-based emergency service, working together to deliver excellence in community preparedness and emergency response.
The NSW SES serves the NSW community as the lead agency for floods, storms, and tsunamis as specified by the State Emergency Service Act 1989. We are recognised as the most versatile and widely used emergency service organisation in NSW. Our volunteers are highly skilled, experienced, and well- trained in the wide variety of roles they perform.
Each NSW SES Unit is as unique and varied as the community it serves, reflecting the vast mix of risks faced and roles required in the diverse locations and communities across the state. In addition to flood, storm and tsunami, our Service provides specialist capabilities that include general land rescue, vertical rescue, road crash rescue, and alpine and remote area search and rescue. The NSW SES responded to over 64,000 requests for assistance from the community over the 2021-22 year.
The NSW SES has over 10,000 volunteer members, including reserves, and a
full-time equivalent workforce of over 370. There are 262 volunteer Units across the State and our volunteer Units are either local, community-based Units, State-wide or regional Units established to provide specialist capabilities. They are varied and unique in their capabilities, designed to address specific risks to communities of NSW.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be passionate about leading the development and implementation of media and communication strategies
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in the use of multi-channel media, partnerships, networks and other communication/engagement mediums including managing media & communications in a complex operational environment
- Have demonstrated knowledge of innovative marketing, stakeholder engagement and mass communication techniques
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration as well as people management, including managing and motivating a team to meet key milestones and deliverables.
What we can offer you
- Employment with attractive leave entitlements including parental leave, recreation and flex leave and other leave entitlements
- Attractive salary package of up to $ TRP $181,612 pro rata for part time hours
- Mental Health & Wellbeing programs and services
- Operational and leadership training and development opportunities via LinkedIn Learning and other training avenues to build and maintain skills
How to apply
Your application should include as separate attachments:
- A cover letter (maximum of one page) briefly responding to the essential requirements and your interest in the role;
- Responses to each of the targeted questions (maximum of one page per answer); and
- An up-to-date resume of no more than four pages detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role
- Describe a time where you required to lead a team in delivering clear messages to a range of internal and external stakeholders including the media. How did you approach the situation?
- Describe a time when you have had to build strong networks and relationships in a challenging and fast -paced environment. How did you leverage these relationships to develop and deliver on strategic outcomes?
Want to know more?
If you want to know more about this opportunity, please contact Amanda Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The role description is available here.
A recruitment pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if they arise.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
Applications close: Sunday 3rd December 2023 at 11:59pm.
The NSW State Emergency Service is a proud employer of a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive and flexible workplace. People with disability are supported to access adjustments in recruitment processes and in the workplace, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job. As supporters of flexible working, we welcome discussions about how our roles can be undertaken flexibly.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Dec 2023
- NSW - Wollongong
- TRP up to $181,612 which includes employer’s 11% super contribution (pro rata)
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation