- We put our people first - Career Progression, development and the wellbeing of our staff are our priority
- We care about our planet - 10-year plan in place to be fully sustainable in everything we do
- We are proud of our partnerships - Supporting communities in need through Sleepsafe & Givit
- We are excited about our future - Join us on our journey as we expand our retail network nationally and internationally
We are looking for a Part-Time Safety & Wellbeing Officer on a 9 month contract basis to provide subject matter expert advice and technical know-how to our Sheridan Group Retail business (approx. 85% of the role) and associated support office teams.
You will be based out of the Sheridan Group Head Office in Ultimo 3 days a week, and will be responsible for the day to day running of the safety function to build an innovative and creative environment where people are excited and inspired to generate their own safety and wellbeing ideas and solutions.
A strong focus will be building relationships and collaborating with our retail leaders to ensure the Sheridan retail network of over 200 stores comply with safety system standards, and risk is effectively managed.
We need someone with experience managing safety at an operational level, and who enjoys building effective working relationships with retail operations. We also need you to have excellent time management skills and experience with managing competing priorities.
Reporting into the Senior Safety and Wellbeing Business Lead, this role will also see you working closely with other members of the broader H&S team including specialists in Workcover and Injury Management.
Your new role at Sheridan...
- Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and hands-on support across the business
- Deliver safety related training programs
- Conduct formal incident investigations and risk assessments
- Manage the online hazard and incident reporting database
- Manage implementation of the Sheridan Group risk profile aimed at continually improving performance
- Manage health and safety committee meetings
- Implement safety and wellbeing initiatives and relevant communications
- Partner with the broader Health & Safety team to deliver on strategic projects and ensure safety results for the business
- Demonstrate financial impact to the organisation through the safety effort
- Deliver safety-related training programs
What experience you can bring to us...
- A minimum of three years' experience working in a similar Work, Health and Safety role
- Qualifications in safety or health related field
- Strong analytical, administrative and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Working knowledge of Australian/NZ WHS legislation and Codes of Practice
- Experience working in the retail industry with an understanding of customer liability and hazardous manual handling (desirable)
- Experience developing and delivering training and communication packages
- Drivers license - 20% of time will be spent in Sheridan retail stores
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about improving safety and wellbeing outcomes in a retail environment and demonstrates a results driven approach.
What we can offer you!
- We want you to join us - Be part of an established yet expanding premium Australian retailer with over 150 stores internationally and growing
- We are passionate about our people and their wellbeing - We offer Health & premium benefits and discounted gym memberships
- We care about your development - Complete our 6 month tailored induction plan through our Sheridan learning and development programs, product nights, team meetings etc.
- We stand by our commitments to global sustainability - Genuine commitment to global sustainability https://hbisustains.com/
- We think big & have fun - Be part of an open and collaborative company culture with our established social committee, a wellness program that includes weekly meditation sessions, ‘Lunch and Learn' events and much more.
- We reward and recognize - 40-70% off on all of your new favourite brands such as Bonds, Champion, Bras N Things and of course, Sheridan at exclusive prices
- We believe in work life balance - Be part of our summer fun initiative and enjoy a bi-weekly half day off during January-March
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace …
Here at HanesBrands Australasia, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace cultivating a diverse, inclusive and vibrant work environment. We encourage our employees to bring their true selves to work and support them to reach their full potential both personally and professionally. We have a culture of high performance in our workplace and celebrate the diversity of our employees who contribute to the success of our organisation. Therefore, we warmly welcome all people to apply to work with us.
Creating the fabric of a better life for people and the planet:
As a COVID 19 safe environment we have broken our Sydney team into two, one team will come into the office on Monday and Tuesday and the other team will come in on Thursday and Friday. No one will be in the office on a Wednesday and during the weekend, in order to do a deep cleanse. In these unusual times we are loving staying connected with each other via MS teams.
Express your interest by selecting APPLY NOW and upload your CV.