People & Culture Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
dnata catering (View other jobs from this organisation)
People & Culture Advisor
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a talented People and Culture Advisor to join our high performance team based at our Brisbane Airport facilities.
What does a typical day look like?
You will be responsible for providing comprehensive assistance in various human resource functions for our facilities across Queensland. This role is responsible for end to end HR support and involves liaison across all areas and levels of the organisation. The successful candidate will utilise their excellent interpersonal skills and their diplomacy to ensure positive and productive relationship are maintained.
What are your responsibilities?
- Providing daily operational support to the catering centres on various HR related areas.
- Manage and ensure compliance of the employee life cycle, and associated systems and processes.
- Responsible for end to end recruitment for blue collar frontline through to senior admin support roles.
- Assist and support with employment relation cases, including disciplinary investigations and unsatisfactory performance.
- Issue employment offers and contracts in line with the relevant agreement.
- Management of working rights and associated Visa processes, pre employment medicals and police clearances.
- Support the roll out of national and local organisational and HR change initiatives / projects.
- Preparing and analysing data, for HR metric reporting on a monthly, and ad hoc basis.
- Work closely with the Standards and Training team to ensure staff training is compliant and records are accurate and up to date.
- Manage and maintain data integrity within HR systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Building and maintaining key relationships with leaders and team members across all Queensland business units and within the wider company departments.
- In conjunction with the People & Culture Regional Business Partner, interpret multiple EBA’s, relevant awards and company policies to provide accurate advice to Managers and staff.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Tertiary qualifications in HR and a combination of relevant industry experience and knowledge, with a strong generalist background.
- Proven HR advisory experience, and understanding of relevant HR related legislation, regulations and industrial instruments such as Awards and Enterprise Agreements.
- Self-motivated, highly organised and ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels in an informative, accurate and positive manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment.
- High level of professional presentation.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking, meals and uniforms.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.
- QLD - Brisbane Airport
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting & Generalist
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal