Uniformed Market/WHS Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Sydney Markets Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Uniformed Market/WHS Officer
- Salary package: $68 - $71k
- Hours of work: Monday - Friday 3am to 11am
- Must be a reliable self-starter
Be part of the team at Sydney Markets, Flemington. Immediate start.
Great opportunity for the right person
The successful applicant will be part of a Team of Uniformed Market/WHS Officers that manages daily operations onsite.
- Enforcement of Market Rules and issue Comply Notices for breaches of Rules
- Manage risks to Health and Safety
- Patrol Market areas
- Administer First Aid as required
- Inspections of Market Buildings for fire and other hazards
- Traffic Control
- Incident Reporting
- Certificate IV in WHS
- Experience in customer service and capability to manage difficult individuals
- Strong problem-solving skills to suggest necessary changes to unsafe work conditions
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethics and skills to communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders
- Work autonomously
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Desire to learn new skills
- Excellent de-escalating skills
- Current Australian driver's licence
- Keen observation skills to monitor the safety performance of a workplace and identify risks or hazards
- First Aid Certificate
- Forklift HRW Licence
- Computer skills
- Cash handling skills
- Experience in managing implementation of Rules
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential.
Sydney Markets is an exciting and diverse environment requiring proactive personnel to resolve issues, identify areas for improvement and deliver quality customer service.
Applicants are required to complete the following questionnaire to proceed to the next application stage:
- How would you mange conflict?
- How would you manage differences of opinion when working in a diverse environment?
- How would you manage repetitive work?
- Describe a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer or client.
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter and response to the questions provided in no more than 250 words.
Send applications to:
- NSW - Homebush
- package: $68 - $71k
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing