Human Resources Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Aldesta Hotel (Australia) Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Officer
Heron Island is seeking to appoint a 6-month temporary full time Human Resources Officer. This is a new position and opportunity for extension is dependent on achieving set objectives and team goals. You will work a Wednesday to Sunday roster and support the Human Resources Manager and the wider teams in the provision of effective and efficient HR administration and end to end recruitment activities. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of the HR Knowledge Library and develop HR processes to assist in the achievement of consistent Human Resource services and productivity gains.
Heron Island is a true coral cay, located right on the Great Barrier Reef and surrounded by sugar white sands, crystal clear waters and acres of brilliant coral. Our guests and staff discover a myriad of beautifully coloured marine life that just has to be seen to be believed. The reef experience on Heron is exclusive, a unique encounter few other resorts in the world can offer. A near-perfect climate, ours is an extraordinary place to live and work all year round.
Heron currently accommodates up to nearly 280 guests and is located right on the Great Barrier Reef. There is a marine centre, activities centre, boutique, award-winning day spa, spacious lounge and bar overlooking the pool plus the expansive Shearwater Restaurant. Marine activities for guests and staff include world-class diving, snorkelling, kayaking and cruises
The HR Officer will be committed to continuous improvement in service delivery, and employee engagement, and will provide a of high level of HR Services and most of all, will be an effective and regular communicator and be willing to really make a difference!
To be considered for this role you will have;
- Certificate IV in Human Resources or higher together with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working in a Human Resources role.
- Working knowledge of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Qld), Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and regulations.
- Proven experience coordinating end to end recruitment from drafting advertisements to interviews to appointments.
- Accurate keyboard skills and proficient in the operation of Microsoft Office Suite and business systems.
- Experience presenting inductions and onboarding new employees.
- Sound communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent organisational, demonstrated time management and prioritisation skills to meet scheduled deadlines.
This is a remote island position and remote island experience will be highly regarded. Applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia, and applications must include and detailed resume demonstrated relevant experience, knowledge and skills. The preferred candidate must be able to provide a current National Police Check upon request. Incomplete applications will not progress.
- QLD - Heron Island
- $45,000 - $51,000 pro rata
- Work Type:
Consulting & Generalist
Recruitment - Internal
Training and Development