Manager People & Performance - [Archived Advertisement]
The Lost Dogs Home (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager People & Performance
The Lost Dogs’ Home cares for over 20,000 lost and abandoned dogs and cats every year and is Australia’s largest animal shelter. We provide a wide range of animal welfare and community programs and services. We are a voice for Australia’s unwanted, stray, and lost dogs and cats. The Lost Dogs’ Home plays a crucial role in the promotion of responsible pet ownership programs and we are a leader in our community helping re-home abandoned and stray animals with our successful foster and adoption programs.
With responsibilities across dual sites, this role provides you with the opportunity to work across all levels of the organisation. This hands-on role will see you involved in a significant cultural transformation, so your highly developed resilience skills are critical. We are developing a lean but high calibre HR team and are working to implement SaaS technology (PageUp) solution to streamline all HR process and service delivery.
Working with the Director People & Culture and in collaboration with the broader P&C team, this role will see you on the ground in the business with a focus on coaching and guiding operational managers and team leaders and improving service delivery.
The key focus of this role is:
- Managing the talent acquisition and volunteering functions
- Managing the ‘On & Off Boarding’ process
- Implementing best practice in volunteering including compliance with the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
- Developing volunteering marketing campaigns that attract and encourage people to volunteer their time, donate money or sign-up for fundraising events.
- Actively developing workforce plans (permanent full-time, part-time, casual, and volunteers) to identify the skill, capacity and capability gaps and working with managers and team leaders to identify needs
- Partnering with stakeholders in a generalist HR capacity and working closely with our L&OD and Workplace Relations specialists to deliver business solutions
- Building strong working relationships with stakeholders and cascading communications across the organisation
- Acting as the power user (subject matter expert) and go-to person on Page-Up (full SaaS suite) who is responsible for educating stakeholders and users on its functionality. In addition, responsible for improved HR service delivery and business efficiency.
- Analysing business trends and people metrics and developing management reports utilising both PageUp and Technology One
- Developing engagement strategies and capture and apply insights into employee/volunteer attitudes and opinions to drive cultural change
- Overseeing the annual performance management cycle on an end to end basis including coaching stakeholders to have meaningful performance conversations.
An experienced and motivated HR practitioner, your passion for enabling others and building trusted business relationships will be key to your success in this role.
Additionally, you will demonstrate:
- experience as HR Business Partner or HR Manager (minimum of 5-years’ in similar role).
- an ability to flex between supporting operational direction and rolling your sleeves up to be hands-on
- strong communication skills both written and verbal
- tertiary qualifications in HR or related field
- an ability to work autonomously, effectively managing your own time and driving success within your own designated HR portfolio, whilst also contributing and collaborating within the broader P&C team
- that you are results-driven and solutions-focused with a commercial lens
- an outstanding capacity to influence and manage stakeholders with a strong service focus
How to Apply
If you’re a passionate and confident HR practitioner with an interest in making a difference and have the experience and qualifications to help transform our business then please apply by forwarding a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or for a confidential discussion please contact Ms Isabella Galati, Director People & Culture on 9321 8733.
Applications for this role will close Wednesday 15 July at 5pm.
The successful applicant will be required to satisfactorily complete background screening checks.
The Lost Dogs’ Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Jul 2020
- VIC - North Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition