Life Education Queensland is a health promotion charity and the state’s largest non-government provider of drug, health and safety education to children. We have a vision of generations of healthy young Australians living to their full potential.
We are seeking an experienced Learning Coordinator with a strong background in delivering end-to-end learning and development, to join our new Social Impact Team.
This position is based in our office on the Gold Coast.
This role will be an important backbone to the Social Impact team. Tasks will include:
- Develop, design and produce engaging and interactive learning material and resources to be delivered on-line and face-to-face, that are curriculum aligned and support teachers and parents to empower children to make healthier choices
- Support the development of new programs in Queensland Primary Schools with a strong focus on nutrition and social/emotional wellbeing and resilience
- Assist in the administration of Life Education Hub (LMS)
- Provide general administrative support to the Social Impact Manager
Key Selection Criteria
To apply you must address the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Health Promotion or Education is preferred or will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with school needs and Education system is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to produce content to a variety of audiences across a range of platforms and mediums.
- Strong administrative skills including advanced use of Microsoft office suite and an understanding of Adobe in-design and other publishing software.
- Experience in the instructional design of educational resources and file maintenance, file share structures and best practices.
- Experience working with a learning management system.
This is a part time (30.4 hours per week) fixed term contract until 1 July 2022.
What’s in It for You:
A great central Gold Coast office location in Mermaid Waters with free parking provided; NFP salary packaging benefits including meals and entertainment; health and welling activities including EAP and access to training and development.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake qualification and referee checks and have a current Qld Working with Children Blue Card.
If you have a passion for working with children and improving their wellbeing, we would love to hear from you. Please send a current resume and cover letter, addressing the above selection criteria by 28 October 2020.
This close date is indicative only and Life Education Qld reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application without delay.
Life Education Qld is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We put the requirement of keeping children and young people safe at the heart of everything we do.