Senior Internal Auditor - [Archived Advertisement]
ActewAGL Distribution (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Internal Auditor
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a small Internal Audit and Fraud Control team
- Ongoing, Full-Time
- $112,937 plus 15% superannuation and other great benefits
- Canberra city location with hybrid working arrangements available
Overview of the role:
ActewAGL’s Internal Audit and Fraud Control team is seeking a dedicated individual with strong analytical, collaborative and communication skills to join as our Senior Internal Auditor.
In this role you will be providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the operations of the Joint Venture.
You will lead and support internal audit projects, taking ownership of assignments and activities designed to evaluate and improve the organisations’ governance, risk management and control processes, in an exciting and evolving business environment.
In addition, you will perform and support advisory / consulting and investigative activities. This includes management-initiated reviews and fraud investigations. Your strong analytical and collaboration skills will be highly valued in this role.
If you are passionate about internal audit and enjoy working in a dynamic and highly skilled team, this may be the opportunity for you.
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest private sector employers. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital. Now more than ever, we believe it is an incredible time to be in the energy space but know none of it is possible without great talent joining us and sharing our vision along the way.
We offer competitive remuneration, benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTQIA+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. accounting, commerce, economics)
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice internal audit approaches (e.g. the Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Professional Practices Framework).
- Knowledge and understanding of AS8001 Fraud and Corruption Control.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering internal audits to a high standard within their agreed time and budget.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting fraud investigations.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder management.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications, and capabilities you can bring to the role. We recommend that our candidates refer to the position description to understand the scope of the role.
Applications close on the 4 December 2023
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Claire Reid, Group Manager Internal Audit and Fraud Control on Claire.Reid@actewagl.com.au
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com
- Closing Date:
- 04 Dec 2023
- ACT - Canberra
- $112,937 plus 15% super + other great benefits
- Work Type:
- Full Time