Health and Safety Business Partner (Field Operations Specialist) - [Archived Advertisement]
Health and Safety Business Partner (Field Operations specialist)
- $120,000 plus 15% superannuation
- Ongoing, Full-Time opportunity
ActewAGL’s People and Safety Division is currently seeking a highly motivated and accomplished individual to join our Health, Safety and Work Practices team (HS&WP) as their Health and Safety Business Partner specialising in Field Operations. With a new vision for safety, set by a forward thinking leadership team, the successful individual will play a fundamental role in the development and promotion of the safety culture.
As a member of the People and Safety Division, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an integrated team that provides services to both Evoenergy, our electricity and gas distribution business and ActewAGL, our electricity, gas and solar retailer.
In such a dynamic environment, we provide People and Safety services enabling the organisation to achieve our business strategies and objectives.
We are committed to the safety of consumers and employees, through investing in people, technology and other innovations to meet our consumers’ needs now and into the future.
Why should you work for us?
We boast a positive team culture that encourages and inspires. We are a team of forward thinking individuals and operate in a flexible and autonomous environment. We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, subsidised gym membership, recognition programs and much more...
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Health and Safety, you will be responsible for supporting the ActewAGL and EvoEnergy Managers in achieving relevant Work Health and Safety (WHS) Objectives.
Your Key responsibilities:
- Provide input to and support the implementation of the Health and Safety Strategy and divisional action plans
- Assist in monitoring and communicating progress to achieving the WHSEQ Strategy goal and objectives
- Writing, reviewing and implementing standard procedures into identified work groups within the Divisions
- Development of training, education and/or information material.
- Undertake incident investigations with the identification of root causes and contributory factors, the provision of investigation reports and actions that address root causes and are aligned to the hierarchy of controls.
- Undertake weekly field mentoring visits with Evoenergy managers and leaders to assist with continuous improvement and development of worker health and safety.
- Undertake job safety assessments, risk assessments and health/safety evaluations in consultation with work groups
- Work closely with Electrical Work Practices, Environment, Quality & Systems and Learning & Development colleagues
- Assist with the preparation and provision of field based health and safety mentoring and assessment reports
- Provide health and safety related advice, support, assistance and information to the divisions.
- Assist in improving the capability of operational staff in health and safety
To apply for this role, you will possess :
- Certificate III in Electro Technology (Line Worker, Electrical Fitter or Cable Jointer)
- Completed OR willing to undertake a Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Minimum 5 years field experience with a Distributed Network Services Provider or in an Electrical Maintenance or Electrical Construction role
- Demonstrable experience in leadership, coaching, and development in an electrical industry role
- Development and delivery of workshops and training
- Proven understanding and application of risk management principles
- Writing and implementing health and safety procedures
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then we encourage you to log onto our recruitment portal https://recruitment.actewagl.com.au/ProductionWC/jobs/ and submit your cover letter, resume and brief responses to the selection criteria outlining the experience and capabilities you can bring to the role. Please lodge your application by COB 27 May 2018.
ActewAGL is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 27 May 2018
- ACT - Canberra
- $120,000 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time