- Full-time, ongoing opportunity
- Join our finance team who are more than numbers
- Make an impact on Canberra’s most iconic brand
Power to shine
Our Finance Division located at Evoenergy in Greenway, is looking for a motivated and highly focused individual to join our team as the Project Officer.
Reporting to the Financial Controller of Evoenergy, you will be primarily responsible for providing a range of business support functions, including project closure, project financial variance analysis, and assisting with cost recovery.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer with monitoring project progression to ensure timely project closure, investigating project budget variances and preparing project closure reports.
- Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders relating to project closure.
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer and Financial Controller to provide timely and accurate project reports to section and branch managers.
- Compile a range of business documents and reports related to the project lifecycle process, and complete all necessary follow up actions as directed.
- Assist with cost recovery of damages to Evoenergy assets.
- Identify system or business process improvement opportunities, recommend changes and implement solutions where appropriate.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the requirements of all relevant acts, regulations and ethical standards are met.
You will need to be successful:
- Understanding of basic accounting standards concepts and application, especially asset accounting.
- Computer literate with an understanding and experience in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Teams.
- Experience in establishing and improving business processes and standards.
- Be competent on all mainstream IT operating systems, with financial information and management system experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Friday 1st July 2022.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Lanyu Zhang, Acting Financial Controller Evoenergy on (02) 6248 3420.
- Closing Date:
- 01 Jul 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting from $69,676 + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time