Manager Regulatory Policy - [Archived Advertisement]
Manager Regulatory Policy
- Generous salary package and staff benefits
- Role based in Canberra
- Rare opportunity to contribute to the energy transition
Power to shine
Our Economic Regulation team is looking for a highly motivated, organised and achievement orientated individual to join the team as the Manager Regulatory Policy. Reporting to the Group Manager Regulatory Finance and Strategy, you will be responsible for providing expert knowledge, advice and recommendations on economic regulatory matters affecting the energy industry.
You will have the opportunity to manage the development of policies and strategies to navigate changes to the economic regulatory environment affecting Evoenergy and ActewAGL.
Power to thrive
ActewAGL is one of the ACT’s largest employers and we’re proud to be powerfully local. We work and live in the communities we serve and partner with the organisations that make our home such a great place to live.
We’re reimagining the future of energy with the brightest minds of the nation’s capital.
We offer benefits, support, and balance that few others can. At ActewAGL, you will be provided with opportunities to learn, innovate, and collectively achieve more. We actively invest in our peoples’ careers so you can lead and develop, because when you grow, we grow.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion, and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Power to make an impact
Your day in the role:
- Manage the development of strategies and policy positions to support the economic regulation of Evoenergy and ActewAGL Retail.
- Develop and present regulatory information to support Evoenergy and ActewAGL Retail interactions with economic regulatory agencies. This includes the Australian Energy Regulator (AER), the ACT Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission (ICRC) and the Australian Energy Market Commission (AEMC).
- Monitor and analyse the impact of reviews and inquiries relevant to Evoenergy and ActewAGL Retail and prepare and coordinate responses to regulatory investigations.
- Assist with the preparation or regulatory materials and pricing submissions.
- Prepare and contribute to the preparation of papers to the ActewAGL Joint Venture Board.
- Research and analyse past regulatory decisions to identify positions and precedents and provide advice and insights that influence regulatory outcomes.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory decisions.
What you will need to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in Economics, Commerce, Finance, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and interpret complex and detailed subject matter and solve problems.
- Experience managing policy development, undertaking analysis, and responding to reviews and enquiries.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment involving customer, regulatory, legal, economic and/or technical subject matter.
- Experience managing consultants, preparing briefs, tendering, tracking progress and ensuring timely delivery of results.
- Demonstrated understanding of competition policy and economic regulation of energy utilities and energy retailers, and related economic, financial, and legal issues.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience, qualifications, and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Sunday 19th March 2023.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity you can contact Cameron Shields, Group Manager Regulatory Finance and Strategyat 0401 036 790.
Alternatively, you can review the Position Description for more details on the role.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Mar 2023
- ACT - Canberra
- $187,082 + 15% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting & Generalist