OHS Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
The Tree Company Arboricultural Services Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Tree Company is one of Melbourne's most professional and respected arboricultural firms, with well set up depots, in-house mechanic, and modern and compliant equipment. We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated people with experience in the industry. This is a great opportunity to join a committed team, with fantastic culture, career development and excellent remuneration and benefits. We employ several accomplished competition climbers and international arborists.
About the Role
As the OHS Manager, you will responsible for driving the implementation of OHS awareness programs to build a safe culture.
The role will also provide practical advisory support across a range of OHS, risk, training, and compliance functions to both management and employees in line with OHS policies, procedures, and processes.
On an operational level, the role will manage all OHS reporting and implementation of preventative action plans, risk assessment and reviews, ensure safe equipment and plant is provided and maintained, and management of return-to-work cases.
Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in health, safety and environment or equivalent preferred.
- Proven experience working in an Occupational, Health and Safety management role within a high risk industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant OHS legislation and standards relating to Australian jurisdictions.
- Strong ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders and influence at different levels of an organisation to improve safety culture and performance.
- Internal Auditor qualifications would be advantageous.
- Our culture is family-friendly, progressive and collaborative.
- We have a strong commitment to OH&S and offer regular staff training.
- Our extensive list of residential, commercial and local council clients are a testament to our experience, expertise and the quality of service we provide
- Depots conveniently located in Preston and Surrey Hills near public transport.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing