Are you hungry for YOUR next challenge? The Australian Venue Co. family are a gun Senior WHS Advisor to join our ever-growing business! We need a safety focused the Senior WHS Advisor to be responsible for the safety across 180+ stunning venues Australia wide.
Reporting into the GM of HR you will be joining a team full of support that prides themselves on their agility and collaboration.
So, why choose us?
Australian Venue Co. are a growing business who are looking for dynamic team players to help us keep up with the pace! We operate some of Melbourne’s classics like The Duke , The Provincial in Fitzroy and everyone’s favourite bottomless brunch hotspot, Fargo & Co.
With no signs of slowing down, our continued growth provides you with boundless career development potential! Every venue we open offers world-class hospitality opportunities and we need people like you on the ground to continue to build on that success!
What we need
- A formal qualification in a safety related discipline (Risk / Hazard management, Ergonomics) is highly desirable.
- A formal qualification in Food Safety is highly desirable
- Ability to develop and implement a National Workplace Health and Safety Strategy
- Experience managing change to WH&S and Food Safety processes to support our commercial needs, in particular our ‘Safe and Welcoming’ element.
- Experience in a multi-site, hospitality/customer service based organisational environment
- Strong RTW claims experience
- Coaching and training experience essential to success in the position
- Commercial understanding of the hospitality industry
- Strong compliance focus
- Strong problem-solving skills
What you will be dishing out
- Continue to expend our current OH&S activities and Food Safety Programmes that create a Hotel Group environment that supports our strong compliance focus
- Continue our strong awareness of OH&S and Food Safety related hotel/hospitality issues national through attendance
- Assist interpretation and understanding of relevant OH&S legislation and Food Safety regulations nationally.
- Issue resolution and consultation
- Promote safety accountabilities through safe work practices, hazard identification and reporting, incident investigation, and completion of assigned items from health and safety plan and safety audits.
- Maintain awareness of National H&S performance data and impact/application for Hotels
- Support Operation Managers, to undertake comprehensive investigations for high risk and notifiable incidents.
- Conduct risk assessments as required
What you will be served in return
An opportunity to start a career with Australian Venue Co. We offer you the chance to work in a dynamic company where we welcome and encourage innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary and always reward hard work and success.
Where do I sign Up?
Apply now or jump onto our careers page and one of our friendly team members will be in touch with you soon, good luck!