Health Safety & Environment Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Dnata Airport Services (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health Safety & Environment Manager
We are looking for a Health Safety and Environment Manager to join our Brisbane based team. This role primary looks after Queensland operational safety.
The Manager HSE QLD/NT & National Environment is responsible for providing operational and advisory support to the QLD and NT management teams in the implementation, assessment and review of the dnata global Integrated Management System (IMS) and the dnata Airport Services Australia (dAS) HSE strategy. This role is responsible for recommending and assisting line management in implementing safety initiatives that help continually reduce the exposure to risk to our employees. This will be achieved through consultation with employees and line management which will identify and reduce unsafe conditions and at risk behavoiurs. They will also have responsibilities with providing advice and support for the management of safety cultural programs in line with dAS strategy and initiatives and have overall responsibility for environmental plans and initiatives nationally. This will be achieved through consultation and mentoring with the port operational management teams and employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with ports teams to help identify and reduce employee’s exposure to risk
- Coaching and mentoring of line management and supervision in correcting at risk behaviours
- Facilitate the identification and assessment of risk process
- Lead or participate in incident investigations as required
- Provide ongoing support in the implementation of the dnata Integrated Management System (IMS) through support of the dnata safety and risk initiatives and programs;
- Undertake HSE audits and inspection as required
- Oversee and support the any relevant accreditation processes.
- Coaching and mentoring of line management in the entering of incidents into dnata safety data base. (dnata Hub).
- Provide data, analysis and reports to the relevant committees and management meetings in accordance with the dnata reporting requirements;
- Be accountable for ensuring local port staff understand and comply with the policies and procedures associated with airports or other organisations relevant to our operations;
- Liaising with HSE regulators as required; also ensuring dAS are able comply with the standards and relevant Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) regulatory requirements;
- Liaise with clients and contractors on all aspects of HSE activities
- Monitor and review contractor's HSE performance against KPI’s
- Lead all Level 3 and Level 2 investigations in the port relating to HSE incidents and participate where required in national investigations as either the Lead Investigator or an investigation team member;
- Managing environmental systems and data and generating environmental reports in line with corporate and legislative requirements;
- Other duties as directed by the Head of HSSEQ.
HEALTH & SAFETY Responsibilities
- Compliance with the dnata Safety and Environment Policies;
- Compliance with Legislative Health & Safety requirements;
- Conduct work in accordance with the dnata Health & Safety Management Systems
- Report immediately any hazards, incidents, near miss/hit and participate in any required investigation;
- Participate in emergency drills and/or evacuations
- Assist with the development of the department budget;
- Ensuring budget under her/his control is kept to within 10% of forecast;
- Assist with driving a culture of continuous review, planning and improvement with key stakeholders;
- Develop and deliver strategic plans with other managers;
- Ensure compliance with legislation;
- Manage relationships with external providers;
- Assist with the representation of dnata Airport Services Australia before prospective customers providing a successful contribution in maintaining demand for company products in line with regulatory requirements.
- Work in an aligned state with other functional and operational managers to ensure the direction of the business is synchronised;
- Ensure statutory and company policies are complied with and communicated in local port or nationally where required;
- Assist with any investigations or claims that are brought to the attention of the business.
- Commitment to on-going learning and professional development for self.
- Formal Qualification in a Health and Safety discipline.
- Proven safety leader with 8 years HSE experience, 4 years of which is in a management role.
- Experience in the environmental management field
- Demonstrated ability to drive and influence change.
- Motivated, proactive and driven.
- Takes a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and facilitating implementation of safety systems.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal Health and Safety Legislation, Acts and Regulations
- Computer / technology literacy
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Assertive and proactive, client focussed
- Excellent organisational skills and the demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and demands
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, key suppliers and service providers, external stakeholders
- Experience within the aviation industry
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- ICAM Lead Investigator training
Please note that employment with dnata is conditional upon a satisfactory security clearance (ASIC) and a pre-employment medical/Drug & Alcohol test. Kindly note that the pre-employment medical/Drug & Alcohol test is at your cost and is conducted by one of our providers.
dnata Airport Services Pty. Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage men and women of all ages and Indigenous Australians to apply.
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the ad closing
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Safety and Wellbeing