Safety, Health & Well Being Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Baby Bunting (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety, Health & Well Being Manager
Join the family devoted to families.
Family. It means everything to us. From our very first baby steps as a small Balwyn store in 1979, we've grown to become Australia's largest and best-loved baby retailer. Along the way, we've never lost sight of the fact that it's our team members that make Baby Bunting so special.
Every day, our diverse and dedicated store team members provide expert product knowledge to support mums, dads, grandparents and carers through the early years of parenthood. We’re passionate about creating better experiences every day – for our customers and each other.
The benefits of joining us:
More than a place to work, Baby Bunting is a place to grow. Join our team and you'll be rewarded with benefits like these:
- We're accelerating our growth, which will create exciting personal development and career progression opportunities.
- We're making the most of flexible working, driving strong digital collaboration and supporting our teams virtually and flexibly - work 2 days from home.
- Team discounts
- We have a new Support Centre based in Dandenong South, featuring modern facilities including onsite parking, a Basketball court, BBQ area and outdoor Table Tennis.
- Paid parental leave
- Role eligible for 15% short term incentive bonus
- Novated lease options available
Join our family in this role:
Baby Bunting is expanding our team to ensure we have the right people to lead and support our growing network of stores. This role is a great opportunity for a motivated & passionate person to join the People & Culture team and make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our valued team members.
Reporting to the General Manager – People & Culture, the new Safety, Health & Well Being Manager will be primarily responsible for providing case management support to injured and ill employees for the business nationally, developing and implementing safety, health and wellbeing initiatives and driving a strong safety culture.
If vision and values are core to how you operate, and you strive to make a difference in all that you do, then we would love to hear from you.
Utilising your exceptional organisational and stakeholder engagement skills and excellent attention to detail, your key accountabilities are:
- Injury management, return to work and case management, and workers compensation;
- Provide expert leadership and advice to support employees, line managers and executives on WHS, Wellbeing, WorkCover and IM matters;
- Proactively oversee the delivery of a best practice and supportive Safety, Health & Wellbeing initiatives;
- Managing, maintaining and auditing COVID-Safe plans;
- Lead and support the Safety Coordinator;
- To partner with business leaders to identify alternative duties available to support and encourage effective return to work for our store network, Distribution Centre and Support Office;
- To develop, implement and coordinate?injury management, health and wellbeing initiatives;
- Establish and manage relationship with insurers, external service providers, medical practitioners;
- Ensure the business is adhering to all relevant legislation and legislative standards;
- Chair Baby Bunting National Safety Committee, ensuring engagement with key functional and operations SMEs;
- Chair the Baby Bunting Health & Wellbeing Ambassador group;
- Development of and implementation of Baby Bunting’s wellbeing offering;
- Implement Health and Wellbeing campaigns, specific to the needs of the business across Retail, Support Office and Distribution Centre locations;
- Develop, drive and communicate the WHS strategy across Baby Bunting, stores, Store Support Centre and Distribution Centre environments with a focus on continuous improvement, innovation and simplification.
- Ongoing development of WHS management systems, processes and procedures.
- Administration, Reporting and data insights.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role; a relevant tertiary qualification such as an allied health discipline or injury management would be considered favourably.
- Have a working knowledge of OH&S/Workers Compensation legislation and a solid knowledge of work-related injury and illness rehabilitation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong customer service and business partner philosophy and a commitment to provide responsive and comprehensive advice;
- Experience working in a face paced, delivery focussed environment and the ability to influence outcomes
- Sound competence of Microsoft Office suite and advanced reporting skills
You’ll be joining a dynamic, friendly team where you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, inclusive, and progressive.
Our Values - Being Passionate. Being Considerate. Being Honest. Being Positive. Being Focused. Being Bold
We believe our people and our values make the difference and set us apart in the industry.
Ready to become family?
We’d love to hear from you.
Looking for more?
Join our Talent Community to stay up to date with our upcoming job opportunities
- Due to the intimate and personal nature of our work, successful applicants will need to undergo a National Police Criminal History check.
- In Victoria, from the 15th of October 2021, people who are Authorised Workers will not be able to work without the COVID vaccine unless medically exempt or under 16 years of age.
- Baby Bunting has remained opened
- VIC - Dandenong South
- $115,000 - $120,000 base + super & incentives
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Return to Work/Injury Management
Safety and Wellbeing