In this role you will be required to provide support and assistance to the Network's Workplace Health and Safety Team in the management of employee accident reports, the coordination of safety related training and assisting managers and supervisors to manage their workplace health and safety requirements.
At Queensland Rail, Safety Comes First. Always. We ‘work safe’ every day to ensure everyone goes ‘home safe’ and we ensure our customers ‘travel safe’ across our vast network. We want to raise the bar with our safety performance, and we believe that everyone has a part to play in that journey towards an incident, injury and illness free environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
1. Deliver administrative skills excellence to support the safety team as we drive towards compliance of the Safety Management System.
2. Manage the processing of Queensland Rail Network employee accident/incident reports.
3. Create Workplace Health and Safety performance reports.
4. Trending of safety interactions through the Queensland Rail portal.
5. Accurately collect data embracing QTRAC and Integrated Quality Management System (IQMS) data bases to ensure a high level of vigilance towards the management of overdue actions (e.g. safety observations).
6. Provide research support and statistical data collection; such data will/may need to be populated into specific designed computer generated tools which are tailored to specific data analysis.
7. Assist in the on-going maintenance of initiatives designed to assist Queensland Rail Network in managing their workplace health and safety requirements, such as ChemAlert processes.
8. Drive a level of excellence in proof reading documents whilst supporting clear and concise feedback to safety team members.
9. Support the safety team with minor development of material that in turn drives best practices underpinning our level of compliance across all elements.
10.Facilitate content updates to safety documents with concise, accurate and timely responsiveness.
11.Provide support to communicate information across the business in the formulation of safety communication protocols.
12.Facilitate communication for the Queensland Rail Network Safety Team by arranging meetings, workshops, functions, conferences and seminars whilst portraying a professional image.
13.Carry out any other activities as advised by the WHS Manager.
Your skills and experience will include :
1. Substantial level of knowledge of workplace health and safety practices.
2. Substantial level of analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Substantial level of interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
4. Substantial level of skill in developing and managing administrative management systems and work processes to support the activities of a professional unit as well as good reporting and IT skills.
5. Sound level of skills in independently managing projects including liaising with stakeholders.
6. Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
Although not an essential requirement, a Tertiary WHS related qualification would be advantageous !
The starting salary range on offer for this role is $78, 068.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Apply to position number 58362 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Monday 20th January 2020.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity contact Colette Brock on (07) 3072 2568.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake a medical assessment and an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.