Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We are looking for an experienced People Officer (HR Officer) to join our People and Culture (P&C) team to cover parental leave. This will be a full-time, 11-month fixed term opportunity based at our Brisbane CBD office. In this role you will be responsible for advising, supporting and resolving intermediate HR queries while performing key administration and data maintenance tasks associated with the employee lifecycle including new employee onboarding, transfers and benefits.
We are looking for a highly organised and motivated individual who is adaptable, has a high attention to detail and who enjoys a fast-paced environment. You will have outstanding stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work independently or collaboratively with the wider team.
About the role:
- Provide advice, support, education and coaching to all employees on best practice Human Resource Management (HRM) in accordance to relevant policies, Enterprise Agreements and legislation
- Ensuring prompt response to phone and e-mail enquires
- Maintain a strong customer focus by identifying and escalating more complex enquires to People Advisers (HR Advisers)
- Manage and maintain accurate enquiry records, ensuring timely data capture into SAP HR, ServiceNow and Trim
- Identify and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement
- High level of customer service, interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to influence and drive outcomes
- Knowledge of contemporary HRM issues and their practical application within a large and diverse organisation
- Sound level of skill in the provision of specialist advice, support and awareness on P&C matters such as employment law, industrial relations, Enterprise Agreements and legislation
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with SAP HR or similar is highly desirable
- A formal qualification within HR would be advantageous
- Ability to commit and work within the core business hours between 8:00am to 4:30pm
People Officer 71186 - Position Description.pdf
Annual salary: $78,068 (pro-rata) + superannuation + free rail to and from work on duty days.
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria, please apply to position number 71186 by clicking the “Apply” button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 9am 30th March 2020.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Tanya Anderson on 07 3072 0806 or email@example.com. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply for this position.