Temporary Full Time for up to twelve months with the possibility of extensionPosition Classification:
Health Mgr Lvl 2Remuneration:
93099 - 110422Hours Per Week:
Total remuneration package valued at $103,192pa (including salary $93,099pa up to $110,422pa), annual leave loading and employers contribution to superannuation). Salary packaging arrangements providing additional benefits are also available. Position Title: Manager Work Health & Safety
What you'll be doing:
The position holder is responsible to the Director Safety & Recovery for the development, implementation and monitoring of NSW Ambulance, Strategic Work Health and Safety plan and associated policies and procedures. The position initiates, develops, implements and monitors corporate WHS programs, produces publicity material on safety issues and liaises with SafeWork NSW and other agencies to ensure NSW Ambulance meets its legislative responsibilities. A key function of the position is to keep abreast of WHS Standards and Codes and develop “best practice” in all aspects of workplace safety management. External Applicants are welcome to apply for this role. Employment conditions
- The successful applicant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of the Health Managers (State) Award and will be required to enter into the annual Performance Development Program.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check, which includes referee/supervisor check, a review of National Criminal Record Check, review of Service Check Register, a review of sick leave, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearance from the Legal Regulatory & Professional Standards Unit. General Information
- Applicants must address the selection criteria, attaching any associated documents together with their resume. Candidates who do not address the selection criteria will not proceed through the selection process.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- Please ensure you use your work email address so Taleo can identify that you are internal to NSW Ambulance and/or NSW Health.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via Taleo. No paper based or email applications will be accepted. Diversity Statement
NSW Ambulance is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
If you are an Aboriginal person and wish to obtain more information about applying for a role within NSW Ambulance, please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator, Callista Bryan, on 02 9320 7644
If you wish to discuss any accessibility requirements in relation to your application, please contact our Diversity and Culture Advisor, Joe Wasuruj, on 02 9320 7339
. It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure NSW Ambulance is a workplace free from bullying and harassment. All staff must behave in a respectful and acceptable manner. Staff must report and respond appropriately to any instances or perceptions of bullying. Managers are required to implement actions that prevent or minimise the risk of unacceptable behaviours, ensuring bullying, harassment and victimisation are identified as early as possible and responded to and effectively managed.
- Demonstrated understanding of the legislative framework and key policies associated with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and associated Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice and a demonstrated understanding of risk management principles as they relate to WHS, workers compensation and occupational rehabilitation.
- Proven experience in developing, reviewing and establishing WHS key performance indicators and measures.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and qualifications or working towards qualifications as a “Certificate IV” workplace trainer
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to interact effectively with involved staff, executive and other management and external stakeholders. Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare detailed reports, policies and management briefs
- Sound analytical skills and an ability to give sound advice in tight time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Demonstrated experience in identifying and applying new concepts, practices and developments to achieve continual workplace improvements.
- Computer literacy, including, databases, spreadsheets, word processing and other applications used in the Windows environment.
- Demonstrated people management skills, including providing staff support, staff development, performance management and the early identification of unacceptable workplace behaviours and taking appropriate action such as investigation, resolution and monitoring of harassment and bullying, grievance issues and conflict resolution.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Simon Joice on email@example.com
Applications Close: 22 July 2018