A great place to grow
- Lift engagement, provide data & insights and balance transactional and strategic HR activity
- Consult, coach and guide our Sydney Regional Distribution Centre in Minchinbury
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
We have an exciting opportunity for a practical and inquisitive Culture & People Partner to be part of our Supply Chain business unit. Your role will partner effectively with the Supply Chain Manager, Operations Managers and front line leaders to provide strategic & tactical HR advice and guidance to the business at our Minchinbury distribution centre.
In addition to influencing cultural change and driving capability uplift, you’ll get involved in key pieces of such as:
- Uplifting leadership capability across leadership teams and embedding key programs such as Front Line Leadership
- Continuing the rollout of C1C courses and related continuous improvement activity
- Embedding Talent Management programs and adopt Group talent management practices including diversity and mentoring programs
- Supporting key Employee Relations and Workplace Relations activity including relationship matrix with unions and consistent application of EA conditions
- Coaching and advising leaders on tactical industrial relations issues including union activity and enterprise agreements, partnering with People Services and Employee Relations
- Supporting key C&P initiatives focussing on leadership, capability, engagement and much much more.
- Enterprise agreement negotiations
This role is primarily based at our ambient SRDC site however this is due to close circa 2023 due to the construction of two new ambient distribution centres in Sydney’s South-West.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a resilient and relationship driven HR business partner who has solid experience in a blue collar environment. You’ll also have;
- Experience building relationships with and negotiating with trade unions
- Solid IR & ER experience gained from a large, highly matrixed organisation
- Exposure to a highly unionised workforce, including permanent and contract / labour hire team members
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Experience designing and implementing organisation change programs
- Comfort in working autonomously and through ambiguity
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Experience with negotiating enterprise agreements would be highly beneficial
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #Work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.