The City of Bunbury is seeking an experienced Public Relations (PR) professional to lead our Public Relations and Engagement Team in delivering campaigns that promote the City's vision and enhances our reputation.
This position will be responsible for the ground-up coordination of our PR and community engagement strategies and activities for various City projects, programs and initiatives.
Exceptional communication skills and an ability to identify and manage sensitive issues in a political environment are a must. Proactive self-starters are encouraged to apply, and candidates with demonstrated leadership experience in a similar role will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will require a National Police Clearance for this position to be supplied at interview stage or upon commencement of employment with the City.
The responsibilities for this role include the development and delivery of:
- Strategic approaches to the City's public relations activities
- Major community consultation initiatives
- Campaign-based approaches promoting the City's vision and key messages
- The Public Relations and Engagement Team
The key skills required for this role include:
- Marketing, communications and/or stakeholder engagement qualifications
- Extensive public relations experience
- High level communication skills across a range of traditional and contemporary channels including public speaking and presentation skills
- Leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to work in a small team
What we offer
Conditions of employment are in accordance with the City of Bunbury Employee's 2015 Enterprise Agreement with a Level 7 salary of $87,149 gross depending on experience and qualifications.
- Full time, 38 hours per week
- Fixed term, 2 year contract
- 9.5% super
The City of Bunbury is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, aiming to build organisational capacity and foster a positive work environment.