We believe that fitness inspires people to go further in life.
Working at Fitness First is more than a paying job, it's a choice to give people the opportunity to lead a fearless and extraordinary life.
Whatever the capacity they work in, our people use their expertise, attitude and ambition to create that opportunity for people every day.
Who You Are:
We want to hear from people who thrive on working in a high energy environment, who are ‘people people' and have the drive and ambition to not just do the job, but build a long term career with us.
As the National Health and Safety Manager you will drive health and safety governance across our operations in line with applicable legislation.
Being Australia's leading Health Club provider we support our national staff network of almost 3000 employees and maintain our duty of care to members, franchisees and contractors, around all aspects of H&S.
Key responsibilities revolve around implementing and embedding Fitness First's H&S strategy, activities and initiatives including:
- Championing and engaging a positive safety culture across our national operations driving education and increased awareness
- Implementing best practice H&S policies, processes and governance
- Staying and keeping Fitness First abreast of all national H&S legislation and being the subject matter expert to the business
- Conducting H&S auditing and quality checks
- Managing a small team of advisors and coordinators
What You Should Bring:
As the successful candidate you will have multi-site H&S operational experience, a working knowledge of current national and state H&S legislation, a strong understanding of safety management systems and a track record of success with delivery H&S initiatives.
Excellent relationship management and the ability to coach and influence at all levels of a business is crucial, as is the ability to think strategically, work collaboratively in a fast paced business environment and drive positive change and improvement across H&S governance.
You will also have a flexible and dynamic approach to H&S implementation with an ability to develop and integrate practical solutions in alignment with operational requirements.
In return we offer you:
- A base salary of $110,000 + $5, 000 travel allowance + discretionary annual bonus + super
- A passionate, energetic and supportive culture. It's something we're really proud of at Fitness First and you'll feel part of the family from day one
- A wide range of benefits including two complimentary Platinum Fitness First Memberships
If this sounds like you then apply now by clicking on the link below.
Please note only applicants' that have the right to work in Australia will be contacted.