- Interested in improving regional safety and the wellbeing culture?
- Do you have strong knowledge of HSE legislation?
- Join the Health Safety Environment team at CSIRO!
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) coaches and influences all levels of the organisation to make safety personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in the wellbeing and safety culture of CSIRO.
As the HSE Advisor you will be responsible for delivering HSE services on the ground, regionally, by providing technical and practical HSE support to Corporate Citizens, Operational Managers, Research staff and other stakeholders. You will focus on delivering consistent education and training, regulatory advice and solutions to the organisation that will improve regional safety and wellbeing culture.
We have 2 roles available 1 full-time and 1 part-time FTE with the part-time role having the flexibility to suit your needs!
Your duties will include
- Support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across the CSIRO sites.
- Contribute to HSE projects, provide input as required, positively challenging the status quo in an effort to influence continual HSE improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site work groups through proactively anticipating and understanding their HSE needs, and making recommendations to guide management decisions.
- Develop and review policies, procedures and systems and offer solutions to challenging HSE issues, doing so with limited guidance and in partnership with relevant work groups.
Location: Geelong, Victoria
Salary: AU$82K – AU$93K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent HSE work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft office suite of programs.
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards
- Experience in project administration duties
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 5th December, 2018