- Use your skills to support the interaction between CSIRO and its portfolio minister’s office
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced and complex environment?
- Join CSIRO’s Corporate Affairs team and make a difference!
As the Advisor, Ministerial Liaison Office (MLO), you will support CSIRO's interaction with its portfolio minister’s office and the CSIRO Board and Chief Executive’s relationship with the Minister.
To be successful, you will need to manage and prioritise multiple tasks with varying levels of complexity and urgency. As work is often done under pressure, especially when parliament is sitting, you will need to be able to deliver on priorities under pressure.
This is a security assessed position. Applicants must be an Australian citizen, with the successful candidate either holding or having the ability to obtain Baseline security clearance or undergo other employment suitability checks.
Your duties will include
- Supporting CSIRO's interaction with its portfolio minister’s office and support the CSIRO Board and Chief Executive’s relationship with its minister.
- Developing and maintaining strong trusted advisor relationships with key client contacts and other key stakeholders to deliver MLO’s priorities within tight timeframes.
- Preparing high quality, accurate and timely written briefs that summarise CSIRO’s research and operational activities and their impact for government.
- Contributing to CSIRO’s preparation for appearance before Senate Estimates Committee and to the co-ordination of answers to questions taken on notice.
- Identifying situations and opportunities when the Minister needs to be advised of matters affecting CSIRO.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification and / or work experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and representational skills coupled with the ability to build trust and respect with stakeholders.
- The ability to work under pressure, manage and prioritise multiple tasks work to tight deadlines with a track record of delivery of outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, Australia's federal government system and its operations.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
28th April 2019