People Data and Reporting Advisor
People Data and Reporting Advisor
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Join CSIRO and help make the impossible possible!
- Are you a whizz in payroll reporting?
- Supportive, flexible hybrid work environment
We are seeking a data and reporting wizard to support the People Community and join the CSIRO People Insights team. You'll be drawing on your extensive knowledge of data processes, manipulation and analysis, particularly in the area of workforce reporting to provide the provision of regular and ad-hoc workforce reporting. You'll bring with you, your familiarity and experience with a range of HRIS and Microsoft systems (SAP, Spinifex, Excel, SuccessFactors) as you'll be supporting the People Insights function by identifying, creating and analysing data information and reports for clients and stakeholders to assist in improving organisational capability, so no one day will be the same!
As our People Data and Reporting Advisor you will build strong collaborations with key stakeholders within CSIRO People and other CSIRO functions such as Information Management and Technology, People Partnering and People Central along with other customers and clients. Apart of your role will be in support of the development of a workforce reporting framework for CSIRO along with assisting with projects and technology upgrades (where appropriate), analysis and evaluate new HR modules, systems, processes and developments in technology.
If you have a demonstratable strong understanding of privacy principles and the sensitivities that go with working with personal and sensitive data, and this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for to start your new year, why wait? Apply now!
Your duties will include:
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on a regular and ad-hoc basis to key stakeholders, ensuring a high level of data accuracy, quality, and integrity.
- Build and maintain scheduled reports within Spinifex, ensuring accuracy of output and reliability
- Using automated processes, conduct data quality audits and cross-validation to identify mis-matching reports, gaps in data and misalignment to source systems
- Understand CSIRO HR reporting requirements and analyses, organise and present data and information to assist with senior management decision making.
- Identify and escalate opportunities and initiatives to streamline processes using systems solutions.
- Under general guidance, co-ordinate and undertake the analysis of workforce data, and evaluate the system-wide impacts.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of Australian Privacy Legislation, related CSIRO procedures and policy, and how this applies to the use and disclosure of personal and sensitive information particularly that of CSIRO personnel.
- Show initiative in interpreting policies and procedures and developing systems.
- Take personal responsibility for client satisfaction, correct problems promptly and constructively.
Location: Canberra ACT preferred, but remote work may be offered from any CSIRO location Australia-wide
Salary: AU$89k - AU$101k per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite Full-time (Part-time may be considered)
To be considered you will need:
- Ideally three plus years work experience (or equivalent tertiary qualifications), working with data and reports, preferably in Human Resources or People related domain.
- Demonstrated proficiency across the data management pipeline including collecting, cleaning, wrangling (specifically with demonstrated ability to establish repeatable/automated processes) in a variety of contexts using software such as Excel or R (preferred). Experience with other analysis/data management systems (such as Analysis for Office, Alteryx, Python, SQL, VBA) also highly regarded.
- Experience with HRIS systems, specifically SAP, Spinifex and/or SuccessFactors
- A significant track record of integrity, tact, and the ability to handle personal, sensitive and confidential information, understanding of appropriate use and disclosure of personal information and relevant privacy legislation.
- Demonstrated experience with HR data (preferably payroll reporting) and understanding of HR/payroll concepts such as wage types, superannuation, taxation etc.
- Demonstrated ability to tailor how information is conveyed to suit various audiences, specifically using data visualisation principles and methodology and how graphing & presentation affects message delivery.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
5 February 2023, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- ACT - Canberra
- AU$89k - AU$101k per annum (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Data and Analytics
People and Culture