We are looking for a passionate Work Health & Safety Advisor to join our HR team to drive a strong safety culture across the business!
- Client service focus – come and make a difference to people’s lives
- Located at Macquarie University + Free onsite parking
Now is an exciting time to join the Australian Hearing HR team. We are transforming the way we deliver outstanding client experiences along with our internal brand and culture. This role reports to the Work Health Safety Manager and plays a key part in driving a strong people and safety culture across the business. Come and be a part of our exciting journey!
Australian Hearing is Australia's largest hearing services provider with an international reputation for excellence. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. With a large national network of hearing centres, this role:
- Manages the injury management and rehabilitation process for all work related and non-work related injuries to current and former employees
- Manages a portfolio of Comcare Workers Compensation claims
- Reviews, develops & implements business processes for injury management across the business
- Undertakes workplace and ergonomic risk assessments and provides recommendations for the management of identified risks
- Assists in the development and implementation of safety policy and procedures
- Designs and delivers training to staff to increase understanding and awareness of workplace safety
- Is responsible for wellbeing initiatives across the business
- Partners with managers to help them engage, develop and lead their teams in promoting a safe workplace environment
The successful candidate will be engaging and flexible and work well in a collaborative Work Health & Safety and broader HR team.
- Tertiary qualification and/or certificate in a Work Health & Safety relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in risk, health & safety related roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS legislation (Comcare preferred) for claims management
- Experience in managing safety risks in the workplace and improving WHS related business processes
What will make you stand out from the crowd?
- A strong commitment to safety
- Experience in driving a safety work culture
- Engaging and positive style
- High levels of self-motivation, drive and initiative
- Practical orientation and be able to think outside of the square
- Well-developed communication / interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise at all levels