WHS Manager, Stawell
Thomas Foods International (View other jobs from this organisation)
WHS Manager, Stawell
Our mission is to feed families globally, through premium quality products, exceptional service and sustainable practices.
About Frew Foods International
Frew Foods International (FFI) is the largest employer in the Victorian Northern Grampians region, operating a modern protein processing plant in the town of Stawell. The plant provides a comprehensive range of products and services to retail, wholesale and food service customers across domestic and export markets. Today Frew Foods International, in partnership with Thomas Foods International, is embarking on a major growth transformation program to further enhance its strong customer service commitment to quality, food safety, reliability and traceability, as well as focusing on growing its customer base through new distribution channels, product development, and customer relationships.
About the opportunity
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Work, Health & Safety professional with a passion for process implementation for this exciting permanent, full-time opportunity. This role will be pivotal in cultivating and leading by example a stellar, safe and balanced culture.
The WHS Manager is responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of a WHS Management System which complies to the principles and under AS 4801 and the Performance Standards for Self-Insured Employers. This role will spearhead a ‘safety first and always’ culture across the company by providing leadership, strategy, direction and specialist advice, and working in close consultation and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance to WHS legislation, regulations and standards for FFI. The WHS Manager engages with management teams, workers and external representatives to ensure site operational readiness, eliminate hazards, reduce risks and ensure continuous WHS performance improvement at the FFI Stawell Plant.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health & Safety or related discipline (and/or minimum experience below);
- Minimum five years’ WHS experience in a production/manufacturing environment;
- Experience in a Self-Insured Employer work environment;
- Experience in WHS management with direct reports;
- Workplace Drug Testing (Breath Alcohol) (OralFluid – Saliva) (Urine) 10275NAT;
- Exemplar Global recognized Internal Auditor Training;
- ICAM Incident Investigation;
- Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights;
- First Aid Qualification;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound investigative, problem solving and report writing skills;
- Sound computer literacy/IT skills;
- Proven ability to provide WHS practical advice and ‘hands-on’ assistance in a production/manufacturing environment;
- Proven ability to conduct WHS incident investigations and recommend effective corrective action;
- Sound and up-to-date knowledge of WHS legislation, regulations, codes of practice and standards;
- Demonstrated practical and technical knowledge of safe work practices, hazard/risk assessment and management, WHS incident investigation, safe operating procedures, and emergency response.
You will have the opportunity to make a true impact in a global business, be rewarded with an attractive salary, up to $1,500 cash in new starter incentives, up to $1,500 cash in referral incentives, access to discounted products, and belong to a team who cares about its people.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Work Health and Safety Manager?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Closing Date:
- 13 Jul 2022
- VIC - Stawell
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Safety and Wellbeing