REGIONAL WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
TAFE Manager Level 2
People and Safety – Work Health and Safety
Sydney region – based in Ultimo
South – based in Illawarra
Western NSW – based in Orange
Western Sydney – based in Wetherill Park or Kingswood
Full Time 3 year specified term contract
Join Australia's biggest education and training provider
Excellent opportunities have come up for experienced Work Health and Safety (WHS) Managers to provide leadership and direction of the WHS function within a Region.
Utilise your previous experience and strong understanding of WHS in this challenging and rewarding role.
Be part of the journey and continuous growth at ONE TAFE NSW. The Regional Work Health and Safety (WHS) Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction of the WHS function within a Region to ensure implementation and monitoring of the “One TAFE” WHS management system. One of the key challenges in this role will be to manage the geographic span of the region and the challenges of managing a remote team.
If you are able to visualise yourself in this role, please read on!
About the Company:
TAFE NSW’s purpose is to skill the workforce of the future. It is Australia's leading provider of vocational education and training with over 500,000 annual enrolments and a proud history for setting the benchmark for quality service. As the NSW public provider, it supports the NSW Government's priority to grow skills for the economy and jobs of tomorrow. Critically, TAFE NSW plays a vital role in providing vocational education in rural and regional NSW, and job training pathways for the most vulnerable in the community.
Your search for a rewarding career ends here!
1. Drive WHS systems and processes to ensure the consistent implementation of the One TAFE model across the region and provide advice to resolve complex WHS issues.
2. Implement initiatives that support the operational effectiveness of the “One TAFE” WHS management system to deliver WHS strategies.
3. Engage with the Regional General Manager and key stakeholders to ensure them and their staff are fully informed and understand their accountabilities under WHS regulatory policy and legislation and TAFE NSW governance controls.
4. Interface with stakeholders to identify potential WHS risk issues and work in collaboration with Business Partners to develop associated prevention strategies and related training programs.
5. Embed a safety culture that is focused on a high risk identification and management approach in teaching and supports the assurance of customer safety, communicating learnings and findings.
6. Undertake reporting processes, dashboards and benchmarks to monitor implementation and performance of the WHS within your region.
To be successful in this role you will meet the following Essential Requirements:
1. Degree qualification in related field or equivalent industry experience.
2. Experience in the implementation of WHS management systems.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of WHS legislation.
4. Class C driver’s licence with the capacity to travel for TAFE NSW business purposes as required.
For your application to be considered, you must:
• Attach an updated resume
• Provide written responses addressing the targeted questions below as this forms a specific part of the selection process (max. 2 A4 pages)
1. Describe your experience in the implementation of WHS management systems.
2. Describe how you have collaborated with different stakeholder groups at all levels within and outside the organisation.
3. Describe how you have gone about improving the WHS performance within a large organisation.
Click here for:
- Information Package
- Position Description
If you require any assistance with the application process or have any enquiries about the position please contact Kannan on (02) 8095 1735.
Please note, where a permanent TAFE Manager is the successful applicant they will retain their permanent status.
Closing Date: Monday 26th July 2017 at 11:59 pm