People Partner - Australia & New Zealand - [Archived Advertisement]
Warner Music Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
People Partner - Australia & New Zealand
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: People Partner - Australia & New Zealand
A little bit about our team:
The People team sits at the heart of Warner Music Group and is focused on attracting, retaining and developing outstanding people, enabling them to be the best they can be to drive Warner's continued success in the market place. The team crafts, implements and facilitates People programs around Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Employee Engagement, Compensation and Benefits, People Technology and People Operations. We also work with the business to support key organisational initiatives, and are a key partner to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team. We are passionate about what we do, always aspiring for better, willing to go above and beyond and happy to roll up our sleeves to support our colleagues! You will be the face of the People team in Australasia responsible for all aspects of People in the territory.
Here you'll get to:
- Partner with the leadership team on initiatives to promote and deliver on Warner's Employee Value Proposition, and to improve the employee experience
- Partner with management and local Employee Resource Groups as well as the wider organisation to promote a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, supported by the right policies and practices
- Work with the executive team to review and update local company goals on an annual basis and embed them into the day to day of the business
- Be an active member of the global People team, contributing to and implementing global initiatives in the region to drive employee engagement
- Advise and influence on workforce planning, organisational design and development, talent management and talent retention
- Coordinate local learning and development activities, working with suppliers to deliver programs/workshops and aligning with global talent and development approaches
- Work with the global digital learning team to deliver embedded learning opportunities on a regular basis so that learning can be in the flow of work
- Challenge and coach leaders to continually grow and build high-performing teams
- Partner with managers on employee career development and guide them in learning and development opportunities for their teams
- End to end talent acquisition management including creation of position descriptions with hiring managers, job ad placement and sourcing, interviewing and candidate selection and issuing of contracts
- Create and deliver an amazing onboarding experience for new employees
- Assist managers in all aspects of performance management
- Supervise all terminations including issuing a termination checklist and conducting exit interviews
- Advise and guide on employee relations matters
- Assist CFO in the determination of remuneration reviews
- Policy creation and management
- Maintain compliance with all Workplace and Privacy laws
- Preparation of Ad Hoc Reporting as required
- HR admin including maintenance of Workday database
- Provide cyclical reporting on people data, using Workday insights to inform decision making
- Proven experience as a People Partner
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating strong relationships with business leaders and employees
- Experienced HR leader with project management and relationship skills and a willingness to be hands on as needed
- Engaging, inspiring leader and manager with a track record of team development
- Strategic problem solver with capability to operationalize vision, developing and rolling out roadmaps that raise the profile and visibility of the People team
- Ability to build trust and psychological safety
- Employee experience focus, with a passion for equity, diversity and inclusion
- Exceptional knowledge of HR organisations and subject areas, principles, processes and policies – locally and with an appreciation of international contexts
- Ability to lead and drive a variety of key initiatives, ranging from operational to strategic responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication, with exceptional influencing skills and ability to build credibility and rapport quickly
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required, plus People Technology tools and software
- Aptitude to learn new software and technology
- Analytical, critical thinker with problem-solving skills and an eye of data
- Customer focused approach with experience of managing to KPIs/SLAs
- Demonstrates experience of applying methodologies and frameworks to drive continuous improvement and leveraging technology to digitise/automate and simplify
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we're all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music - at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it's part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today!
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the link below to apply directly or via your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal
Training and Development
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition